Just is an ambitious startup which is uniquely poised to change how global corporations trade foreign currency. We are focused on bringing transparency and accessibility to an industry which is ripe for disruption, by delivering modern, high-performance software allowing companies to price and execute foreign exchange trades in real time at market rates.
We recently completed a large funding round, backed by top angel investors and a bank, and our team is growing rapidly. We are seeking enthusiastic, forward-thinking software engineers to help us build one of the most challenging (and interesting) types of software system in the tech industry.
Any questions, or interested in applying? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Java engineer with experience building low-latency systems
What you’ll do
- Design and develop highly-reliable and scalable foreign exchange trading systems using the latest technologies and tooling (more about our stack below).
- Work in sprints with engineers, a product manager, a UX designer and other team-members to build high quality products that our users love.
- Continuously learn new things, and improve our engineering practices and processes.
- Take decisions which shape the company and our technology from the very earliest stages.
You should apply if
- You have demonstrable proficiency with Java 8 (or later), and functional programming (we don’t mind which language).
- You’ve built high-throughput, low-latency systems. This might be trading or payment systems, but could also be for telecommunications, video streaming, ad tech, or many other things.
- You can practice modern software development techniques such as unit testing, continuous integration & distributed version control, and care deeply about the quality of your work.
- You hold a good Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or other STEM subject.
- You have natural problem solving skills, attention to detail (especially with your code quality), the ability to learn new things quickly, and you enjoy working with others.
It would be good if
- You hold a Master’s degree in software engineering or other relevant field.
- You’ve built financial trading systems, using protocols such as FIX.
- You have publicly available projects and code that we can take a look at.
Technologies we use
- Trading system: Java 8, LMAX Disruptor, Netty
- Other backend: Java 8, Vert.x, RxJava, Go, gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, PostgreSQL, Google Datastore
- Frontend: React, TypeScript, Stencil.js, GraphQL
- Tooling: Your choice of laptop, GitLab, Slack
We can offer
- An early, talent-packed start-up adventure with a world-class team
- Work on some of the most challenging engineering problems out there
- Competitive compensation package including participation in an employee equity program
- Flexible working arrangements and a healthy work/life balance
- Time to participate in regular, company sponsored innovation days
- Sponsorship to attend an industry or trade conference of your choosing annually, expenses paid
- A chance to live and work in Oslo, if you're not already here
- Free lunch (yes, there is such a thing!)
- Feel free to send us your CV/résumé at email@example.com.